Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Title Story

This is a story my father would tell to me when I was very young--still in elementary school, definately.

In the last year of my Dad's life I mentioned this story to him and he claimed it had never happened.  Here it is, as told to me: 

"I joined the Navy when I was 17--I lied and told them I was 18.  I was skinny, oooooh I was skinny!  I weighed about 115 pounds.  The first day on the ship all the new recruits had to go up on deck and present ourselves to the Admiral. We were all dressed in our dress whites.  The Admiral walked the deck giving all the new guys the once-over.  Then he got to me--he looked me up and down and said:

'BENFORD: YOUR ASS LOOKS LIKE TWO SQUIRREL HEADS TIED IN A HANDKERCHIEF!'"

 
Yes.  Of course.  That's exactly the type of story an 8 year old girl would dream up.

No comments:

Post a Comment